Category Archives: U.S. Election
PBS has created an incredibly comprehensive set of interactive resources for Gr. 7-12 history teachers to help you teach about the American Presidential Election.
The resources include:
- Electoral Decoder Intro Video– Watch the video for the explanation of the decoder tool. There are links to more information for teachers about the tool.
- Electoral Tool – A great tool for U.S. Presidents 101
- A Guide to Debates in the Classroom
- Inside the Debates
- How to Master Debate – Includes student worksheets (Gr. 8-12)
- The Election Process – A series of videos explaining the process
- Interactive Map – follow the candidates
- Virtual Field Trips– Sign-up to take your class on virtual field trips to American Presidential landmarks and Constitutional resources. A focus on using primary source documents is a big part of these field trips.